Thursday, April 17, 2014

O is for OpenSimulator




Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making your own virtual world?   OpenSimulator might be your (our) chance.

I'm not a gamer, but ever since I stumbled across this tutorial by Alpha Rats I've had it on my list of things to "try" someday.  What can I say, I am a bit of a sucker for gadgets and toys, especially if you can just click buttons to create things or try them out.  Something to do on a rainy Saturday when I'm busily avoiding writing...

What about you? Have you ever designed a world or an image?



8 comments:

  1. Can't say I've had that desire, but gadgets can be fun. I'm not into games, so it probably isn't for me. Here for a-z, happy rest of the month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You too! And truthfully, my interest is probably down more to a general curiosity about how things work than really wanting to make a "usable" world. Plus, there are buttons to push!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruby! I think if I try this blog challenge again next year though I will do more pre-planning...

      Delete
  3. Hello, nice to meet you. I learn something new everyday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! It has been very lovely to meet so many new people through this challenge.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link, very useful.
    Nice to meet and connect through the atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! Happy world making if you try it out :)

      Delete