Saturday, December 1, 2012

On to December

Defining the starting terms:


Starting:  50,144
Goal Ending Point:  100,144


You noticed that change in word count?  I am using Yarny as my word count measuring stick, rather than the validated  nano text file,  and Yarny (unfortunately?) doesn't include headings in its total word count. Thus I have a new start point this morning.

It was nice to feel finished and accomplished last night, but now, morning has come. With its new set of 50,000 words. If I am really going to do this thing. Which, of course, is not open for debate, and I am. Note to self.

The end of last month was a bit exhausting, trying to write 2500 to 5000 words every day for almost a week-- that would be the "only at 27,740 word count on Nov. 23rd" bit kicking in. I have no desire to repeat that, nor I have a feeling would my friends and family particularly enjoy it.  They have come to terms with November for the most part. I am not sure how they would feel about also having to coming to terms with me writing insanely dec, jan, and so on as a regular habit.  Which means, I have to give a go this month at trying to be more steady about it.

The tendency toward arthritic stiffness in my fingers would probably benefit from the more moderate approach as well...

Okay, I think that about sums it up for myself in terms of review and stating goalpoints. Skiving off now. Time to go do the actual writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment